I know a lot of you have questions on how to clean your crystals and so today's blog post is dedicated to that. Just like us, crystals are energy and they absorb, protect and work to help your intentions happen. So giving them an "energy detox" is really important. Otherwise, they will be either doing the minimum or nothing at all. There are a few ways to clear away their energy so that they can feel fresh and ready to work for you again.
When to Clean Your Crystals:
It's important to give your crystals a cleanse: a. After someone else has touched them. b. You've had guests over your space. c. You've taken them out with you ( that means jewelry, too...) d. a couple of days before a full moon. or e. you just have this gut feeling you should. Now let's get to the cleaning process.
5 Ways to Clean Crystals:
1. Salt & Water Bath- My favorite type of way to clean my crystals is with a salt and water bath. I get a large bowl and place them in carefully. I pour in cool water filling it to the top and then I pour white table salt. I let them soak in for an hour or for a few days depending on how I used them. If it's jewelry, an hour. If I used them for chakra healing, I'd do 3 days. If it's for maintenance, I'd say 24 hours. Really listen to your gut. Ask yourself, what amount of time and you'll get an answer. Everyone is different and so are there crystals.
2. Beach Please- If you have access to the beach and you want something fast and natural for a cleanse, then take them to the beach. They will love that and that is quick cleanse from the earth.
2. Bury Them in Dirt- You can bury your crystals in the dirt for 24 hours or longer. This method connects them with the earth for a natural cleansing. I would only do this if you have your own backyard.
3. Salt Bowl- Pore sea salt or white table salt in a bowl or flat plate. Sit your crystals on top or bury them for 24 hours.
4. Sage-Using a lit sage stick, pass the smoke around each one to clear away the energy.
5. Selenite Stick- Pass the wand around your crystal to clear away the energy.
How to Recharge Your Crystals:
After you've cleaned your crystals, it's time to recharge them and reset the intention you want them to have.
1. Begin by grabbing them one by one and speaking the intention you want them to help you with for example, you can say to: Rose Quartz: fill my heart with healing and love or 'Black Tourmaline: please protect me from negative energy or Celesite: help connect with my guardian angels so they watch over me and my house.
2. Next, sit them by windowsill or by a window so they can charge with the sun. They love that energy as much as we do.
3. Another time to recharge is during a full moon. Leave them outdoors in a container or again by the window.
P.S. Next blog post will be about which crystals can hang with each other.